Monday, February 2, 2009

Super!

Wow! Six months since I started not blogging again! Ouch. So, I may have to re-name this blog. Or you just may have to get used to the fact that this may be cleverly concealed as a sports blog.

Anyhoo, a lot has happened in the world of sports since my last blog entry. In six months, we've gone through an entire NFL season, the NBA is about to have it's all-star break, and baseball is gearing up for (gulp) spring training.

Yesterday I watched the Super Bowl. So did a bunch of other people, apparently. I kept hearing all day today about what a great game it was and wow! that was the best Super Bowl ever! Uhmm, no, it was a great finish to a Super Bowl. The first three quarters were only ok. The Steelers were running away with the game. It wasn't until the 4th Q that the game got good. Don't get me wrong, I loved the whole game, but come on, it wasn't really a great super bowl until the last quarter. My wife even thought it was great game. She slept through it until about 10 mins left in the game. Says a lot for strong finishes, eh?

I still hate Kobe Bryant. Don't have any current reason, just wanted to point that out again. He scored 61 points tonight. Not saying he isn't a great player, it's just that I don't like him.

Maybe I'll start a "Cheers" and "Jeers" blog.

Cheers:


To the Steelers and Cards, for making it a great finish.

To Kobe, for scoring so many points blah blah blah

To Odyssey Marine for finding the HMS Victory - We can all stop holding our breath.

To the Association - for recognizing the talents of Portland Trailblazer guard Brandon Roy by naming him to the West All-Star Reserve team.

Jeers:

To (almost) all of the Super Bowl commercials (Except this one, which was NOT done by an ad agency!)

To Kobe Bryant, again, simply because I don't like him.

To...


You get the idea. I'll just have to come up with more Jeers next time!

No comments: