Sunday, February 8, 2009

Imagine


Perhaps you've noticed the photo at the top right of my blog page. Above is a bigger version. I took this photograph last May in New York. We were wandering through Central Park and my daughter mentioned she wanted to see Strawberry Fields. Located at the Southwest corner of the park, next to Columbus Circle, Strawberry Fields is a tile mosaic memorial to John Lennon. Every morning, there's a man that comes and places flowers and other items on the memorial, usually in some kind of design.

For some reason, the Photography Gods smiled upon me when I took this photo. I consider it one of my best. There's just something about the lighting and the angle. I took several other photos of the memorial that day, under the same lighting conditions, same flower design, some at a similar angle, but none more beautiful than this one. Just wanted to share.

I have some very interesting photos that show what light and angle can do for a photograph, and I plan on sharing them in a future post.

No comments: